Director: Forget What You've Heard About 'Gotti' Cast

Apart from John Travolta, it seems, all the other actors said to be part of the "Gotti" film apparently are not.

That is according to Barry Levinson, who is directing and writing the film, in a story posted on the U.K.'s Guardian.

"I told 'em when I got involved, I got to write the screenplay first. I can't write to a previously announced cast. I guess I could bullshit you, but I'm not going to entertain every name bandied about," he said in the article.

"Look, Travolta is Gotti. That's confirmed. It's hard to do the Gotti film without Gotti. There are certain things you understand, and you write to that, but I can't deal with any of the other components until the script is done."

Nevertheless, Levinson does seem enthusiastic. "I met with John Gotti Jr. [Gotti's son], and the conversations I had with him gave me insights into the crime family. I see it as an opportunity to do something more than just knocking out a mob movie."

Comments